Slovenian dolls



This 8 inch cloth doll is wearing a folk costume from Slovenia. Her face is wonderful with hand sewn features in bright thread and just a touch of blush on her cheeks. A vibrant yellow ribbon has been used to trim the bonnet and belt and her shawl has a lovely yellow and green floral design. She wears a black taffeta skirt with an apron with red, green,purple and yellow decoration.

For me however her stand out feature is her yellow hair made from yarn. The Narodna Radinost dolls usually have black hair made from mohair or yarn with mohair being the more common. I have only 2 dolls with the blonde mohair in my collection and this doll is my first with the yellow yarn. Scarcer still are dolls with red hair and of those I have only one male which I bought from a seller in Ireland.








Comments

Instagram